Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A trip to the chiropracter vet

Well Mr Beebs condition is worse than ever and I was up all night worrying and wondering what was going on. When I woke up this morning it occurred to me that his problem could be his back and spine and not his leg. That the symptom isn't necessarily the cause/I massaged his back end for about 15 minutes and then let him out to go potty. He hopped around quite a bit better...which made me think that maybe he had a pinched nerve and he couldn't feel his leg.
So I went online and found a chiro vet in Stamford Ct.Mr Beebs responded very well to her treatment and visibly relaxed while she was performing her task. He seems less wobbly and we go back Thursday...one day before our vacation .
His wheelchair will be ready in 2 weeks and I was very impressed with the quality of the chair itself. Ultra sturdy and well thought out. He was measured by the staff and his back leg will be able to walk along and yet it will support his back and hips. So perhaps if we have any luck at all.Beebs, Sydney, and I will be able to go to the park once again for a stroll. This entire ordeal has me very depressed and anxious. My sleeping is very turbulent and it seems like every single day I am trouble shooting yet another complication.
It is truly a TPLO nightmare. NO more ab's...for now at least. Although it is only 2pm I am so tired from the 3 hours of driving today and the 5 yesterday I want to take a nap.I hope we can take our vacation and a crisis doesn't arise as soon as we leave town.I can always pray for a miracle. I have all along and the fact that he's still here 14 months later maybe shows that it really is a miracle considering the trauma over this past year plus. Okay...the war continues.

No comments: