Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pathology from Yale New Haven Hospital

Just to see for myself..I went on the Yale University site looking for a pathologist I could speak to about the various organisms I have come in contact with myself. While looking at the university info I found the Yale hospital precaution list for contagious diseases. Well after reading about enterobacter cloacae and seeing that from day one Mr Beebs and I should have been in a private room...they should have been wearing masks and gowns...upon entering and thrown out when leaving.The gloves that were worn should be thrown out and the examing doctor should wash their hands as well. It goes on and on and the more I read the more disgusted and upset I became.
Today I will go speak to my own doctor regarding this as I have felt punky/gastro problems for about nine months. Could be an ulcer from the stress of this or it could be the bacteria that flew into my face while I was syringing the tract.
I also noted that when in fact any hospital has a diagnosis of a contagion such as the numerous ones in Mr Beebs leg...they are to notify the public health dept. within 48 hours. It is very doubtful that the animal hospitals did that. Ironically I called the Public health dept number in hartford....I was told that the doctor I would be speaking to is a veterinarian! That I found astounding..that the State of CT has an animal doctor over seeing this .It was on the yale web site.
He was in a meeting and did call me back to say..that it is very unlikely I would get sick from bacteria...he used his very biggest words to describe why I shouldn't worry. If its not a worry why did my reg vet wash his hands thoroughly every time he examined the dog amd warned me to do so as well.
Today Beebs is limping more and seems tired.He over did it yesterday or Sydney banged into his back end. He is eating well and playing with his toys. But...his face is so much grayer lately.
I bet ifd it weren't for lady Clairol my hair would be white.

No comments: