Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Systemic infection afterall...slight anemia


Well The docs assumed....and thats the key word that the infection was strictly localized. A week after being home Mr Beebs became more and more lethargic and dispondant.The clavimox we were told to continue come to find out were useless in fighting what ever roaming bacteria was in his body. The culture arrived on a Friday the 22nd of Jubne and a wek later a receptionist informed me that I needed to change the AB's and bring in the unused.I was beside myself. The poor guy had suffered so much already and here it was 10 days after surgery and his body was being attacked and unprotected once again.
I got alot of excuses...and my response was that this amputation and infection weren't exactly a hang nail.Unacceptable.He is perking up Thank God....his is taking two other drugs that attack the bacteria that was reported in the culture taking at the time of the amputation. What made the vets think it would stay in one spot is beyond me.All that brain power and years of training and still lots of blundering going on.I had my regular vet do a blood sample and he said it came back showing Beebs was slightly anemic.Massive blood loss. Which I can understand having his entire leg cut off. There needs to be an animal /owner protection agency. This has been an experience I never want to repeat as long as I live.I will get the report out and post the exact nature of the beast.

No comments: