Friday, July 6, 2007

My Babysitter and nurse Sydney who has also paid a price


Well I ordered another booty which is smaller and a hock brace to stabilaze the poor guys back left leg. When he walks it reminds me of that old movie "The Mummy" who also dragged his leg just like Mr Beebs.I recently....(had to stop laughing) Recently is a relative term over the last year for us. It could mean every day at the vets..every other day or a surgery every two weeks.So Recently in this case as of July 5th 07 is 4 days ago which is a long stretch for us.The vet did a reflex test on his back leg and it did respond fairly well.He did walk into the kitchen on to the hard woodf floor for the firts time in search of cooked chicken. So thats good. As far as a wheelchair. The vets says nop don't do it.Build the leg up. Well at 10 years old...I'm afraid by the time he builds the leg up something else will go wrong and he'll never get to go on a stroll with his buddy Sydney ever again.
Sydney is my other boxer who happens to be Mr Beebs son. They are like pea's and carrots and Sydney has beeen a wonderful babysitter and nurse for me.He has also lost a year of his life during all this though. It has made me very aware of what people go through when they have one sick child and another that is healthy...what I've been doing is whats best for both of them and in the mean time I've been depleted by the whole situation.I feel guilty that one dog wants to run and play for hours and the other wants to and can't...If they were children I might be able to explain this but all they see is one is leaving and I'm made to stay.Almost like punishment.Truth is I never leave Mr Beebs alone without Sydney.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Lori,
I have been following your story since early this year. Your & Mr. Beebs's courage and strength through all of this is inspiring. He looks happier and healthier in his latest picture than in any previous that you've posted. I hope this nightmare is now behind you. If you'd ever care to share your story with a wider audience, please contact me at owned_by_dogs@yahoo.com

Sally