Friday, July 27, 2007

Feeling down


Mr Beebs has never been a humidity dog and here in CT the humidity is way up there. Right now he is eating a bone and seems happy...yet his face every morning has a depressed look about it...a sadness, as does mine for the pain I feel for him.

A wheel chair is in our future. I think he may be frustrated and bummed because he has been so weak for so long.K9Karts( is a developed product from an orthopedic vet). I'll call them asap and ask...his advice. Mr Beebs front end and stamina is huge and yet his back leg is a burden. He drags it and wobbles ..sometimes falls. Thats why I think he is so upset. Who wouldn't be?

Everyday I wish to God I had never done a TPLO, and especially with the surgeon who did it, in the place that he operates out of. I can't change the past but I can point out glaring inequalities. On a side bar: I get email from Bella Moss ...a lady who's dog in the UK suffered and died because of MRSA. Bella died from a contagion that has now become an animal problem as well as human. The Bella Moss foundation tells the horrible story. Because our companions have no rights beside market value/purchase price... their harsh deaths from contagion goes unnoticed. As does mal practice and negligence.Without recourse or justifiable condemnation. I personally want to acknowledge the bond between companion animals and humans and say ..please...they are not washing machines and toasters...they are in our family photo albums. I have more photo's of Beebs and Sydney than any vacation , trip or, social accomplishment. Why? Because they are my family.

No comments: