Monday, July 23, 2007

one week after resuming AB's

Phew...well its been one solid week of ab's and Mr Beebs is hopping around like a puppy.He is eating well and being a pest which is a wonderful sign. However it points to one very obvious problem.The bacteria roaming his body ..is here to stay.
The vets have been wrong.It is systemic and it is obviously well versed in hiding.I wondered if it wasn't the scar tissue from his traditional acl surgery from 7 years ago. Wherever it is the blood supply is not carrying the medicine to the infection or a few rogue cells. That says that its got a place to spawn and once the ab's hit the generalized blood stream they back way down and hide.That I believe is why his back leg is so tender and painful...until he was put back on the various drugs.Perhaps in a few days I'll let the vet exam him while I hold his head so he can press on that femur and see if it bothers him.
Thank God for ortho dogs...I went up to Maine to sell my parents rv trailer and I was deeply distressed about Beebs condition when I left.I saw a brightening but felt it was dangerous to be 6 hours away.That night when I went to bed I was hashing all the possibilities through my mind. The next morning at 5am I sat bolt upright and said to myself.."This is Norman all over again". It was such a strong feeling that I had my dog sitter pick my dogs up and bring them home to watch them like a hawk. My Mother whines about giving the dogs pills and does a bad job of it. I always find pills that have been spiyt out after she watches them.The last thing on this earth Mr Beebs needed was to miss a pill or have my mom forget if she gave him his "life saving" drugs. So...if it hadn't been for the Norman story...which is the exact opposite of what all the vets here have said. Mr Beebs would be going down hill fast just like Norman.There is no doubt in my mind that "their assumptions " would have killed him. I even called my vets and told them to look up the Norman story and read it.Read it and perhaps learn a very powerful lesson.
Thanks to all those people sharing I was able to see the trend....and make a snap decision that was the right one. He is playing, bright eyed ...and goofy...even more so than his 7 year old son!Thank God

No comments: