Wednesday, August 1, 2007

more news...not good

Well I spoke with my regular vet today and he told me he did get the radiology report back regarding Beebs back leg. The first word listed was "extensive" arthritis which would explain the pain he must be feeling. I was afraid all along of amputating for this very reason. The vets who did do the amputation said "Oh that legs really solid" Very stable.Its only bone growth.
So....last night I sat on the floor with my Dads massage machine and went up and down his spine and leg for about an hour. Today he is popping along pretty well compared to 3 days ago when he was just collapsing. The nerve probably was pinched in his back. We go back to the chiro vet tomorrow for another adjustment.If this continues to go "well" I will keep this up. Otherwise my vet said he could inject something directly into the dogs joint which works very well.They have done this on race horses for years.At least we are not totally out of options. I really thought that I would be putting him down this past week.It was that bad. I'll go massage him some more and make sure he has his deramax and tramadol.I don't want him to be in pain.

No comments: