Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Physical Therapy vet

Well I got a call from the surgeon who removed Mr Beebs broken plate back in December. She was interested in how he is doing. I said "up and down". His leg collapses quite often.
She had just been speaking with another vet in another town in Ct who does PT for dogs.
I did call him and make an appointment. When I described how the initial surgery turned into a $50,000.00 ordeal he said
"That was your choice" "You did that because you love your animal"
Hmmmm..I found that curious in that I made a decision to try to save him and his life but as far as a choice? What choice was there? It was a long down hill slide from day one and yes I love Mr Beebs ....but seeing his existing back leg full of arthritis ...I wonder what choice I ever had.Is this the new dialogue that vets are using? I wonder if its some sort of legalise that says..You love your animal...so if we hurt them, injure them or kill them...you have the choice to pay for the repair..or you can let them die and that is your choice. How about doing a good job and being accountable for the fee's you charge with no responsibility for screwed up surgeries or care?Hmmm...Maybe I'm just paranoid.Could be...and then again I was lead down a trail by allot of vets willing to take allot of money for vain attempts that I'm sure they knew would never save that leg. Not ever. From June 6 2006...we were on that slide downhill.
The lady who's rottie has MRSA has also been hushed and placated by the same surgeon who did Mr Beebs and another hospital entirely.
I was very direct with her. I said MRSA will kill your dog if you don't start doing damage control right now.The more I learn the more I'm sickened by the back door ethics that I'm seeing all across CT.
Today I will buy some IM adequin shots for Beebs to see if it helps his back leg and the pain.
The fun never ends around here!

No comments: