Tuesday, August 21, 2007

one step at a time

I've recently called the doggie wheel company because something about the way the cart Ka thunks... behind Mr Beebs makes me think something needs adjustment.Either the yolk is to long, low, or uncomfortable. Keeping his male parts from shifting during walking is also a concern. It seems after walking 10 steps or so his "sacs" are under him which means they are being crushed by his pelvis slightly. I know there are some that would say see...you should have neutered him.But then I wouldn't have Sydney spurring his Dad on.
I start school in a week and so need to get this cart situation figured out. I don't want to drive another 4 hours to go to the place and have them adjust it. I was hoping I could speak with the designer and get a few tips. Two days in a row we went to the park! I was so excited to see them out together again sniffing and whining in the car.
I let Beebs pogo around till his good and tired and then try his cart out. With time and conviction I hope to get him good enough in that cart to resume our therapy visits. He would be a tremendous inspiration to so many if I could only get him walking well in it.
I also talked with a mal practice attorney today. She will look into the law here in CT. I called because I was afraid of a statutes of limitation..God forbid. The money I spent saving him was my college education money. I don't regret using it for one bit..he is worth it and especially seeing his goofy face playing with Sydney.I never thought the day would come when I could take a deep breath...even smile.
What ever this attorney can do as far as directing me would be a tremendous help. In the mean time I'm studying the CT legislative procedure book and revving myself up for a chance to change it for good. And to expose the myths the Vet profession and drug companies have been presenting as facts. The facts actually make them look like a bunch of money grubbers who know a good thing when they see it. Gee whiz...wouldn't it be nice for the rest of us to provide a service or good and not be responsible for what it does to those who pay for it. What kind of crazy thinking is that. Mr Beebs and this battle have inspired me to seek the truth and get some solid answers from these professionals.Its about time they had to present numbers instead of myths and fear tactics.
In the mean time my guy is alive and well!!! Thank God...we made it this far.

No comments: