Thursday, August 2, 2007

Not sure what to think or do anymore


I did see the chiro vet today and she did another treatment on Mr Beebs. He seems to be doing slightly better...BUT...she says that the load on that back leg is taking a beating and it will only get worse.Also there was something in the radiology report that mentioned septic condition in the existing back leg.In other words infection.So he has been off ab's for 3 days and this vet says and I'll call her Dr C for chiro says leave him on them until I return from vacation. My reg. vet Dr D. says stop them there is no infection.Vets 3 and 4 both Dr. W's decided it is systemic and he requires 3 solid months on ab's. With out a culture from the joint which I will not do for all the tea in China..its a guessing game. I also mentioned to her that I would need guidance from the vet community regarding legislation.She seemed reluctant/ hesitant.Not entirely disinterested just afraid to be dragged into something her collegues might view as betrayal. One way or another I'm going to move ahead on this and just ordered a law book which will walk me through the process and help guide my direction.The vets who get onboard now will save themselves alot of grief down the road.Whatever precedence is set in Ct courts will be just that. So...I'm hoping these reasonable , good people will want to be part of animal protection along with consumer protection. I can't make anyone do it but it would sure give them their say and afford a reasonable bill in the end.

The vet told me today that in her small practice she has already worked on 5 dogs who had complications from TPLO surgeries. She said when she was in vet school they were all the rage but now its become clear that they are problematic and the complications can be devastating. "Mr Beebs is an example of the worse case scenerio besides dying on the table."

Here's a photo of her chiro gun

No comments: