Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Beebs new wheels


Well we drove 4 hours today to pick up and test out Beebs new wheels up in Shelburne Mass. He seems a little irratated by it but willing to go along with me...alittle. If he gets really tired and is sick of collapsing he will probably welcome the support. I HOPE!

It was a $500.00 investment and if it gives him a year or so of fun it will be worth it after the unnatural stressful year and a half he has endured.

Boxers are willful dogs and I know he will balk like an old mule until he decideds when he is good and ready to get around for more than five minutes at a time before falling down or sitting down.

While we were there there was an old dalmation getting fitted for the wheels and he took off like a shot with them on.I guess when your legs have been as worn out as his rolling along probably feels awesome.

I must be very sure to adjust Mr Beebs private parts as his pelvis sits on a padded support.I forget when we got home and he stopped dead in his tracks.It will only take a few dumb mistakes on my part to put him off from this wheel cart indefinately.

Each day I'll have him walk a bit more and a bit more until it feels semi normal to him.Then God willing he migfht actually like being able to stroll along again.

No comments: