Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm afraid the surgeon has harmed yet another dog

I just got a disturbing email from a friend of my sister who says her neighbors dog had surgery a month ago with the same vet and now has an infection....
To say I wasn't sick reading that would be an understatement. My gut says...oh no...I know whats coming. I'm angry at the doctor and until I speak with the people I wonder if it is also the same hospital.
I'm furious and that's a good thing because I'm going to redirect this energy and turn it on the people who are causing such pain and suffering because of their stupidity and laziness.
The first person I give this report to will be our State attorney general. The "Act for a Bill" is formulating daily and I'm lining up[ facts figures, and foe's.
"Know your enemy" At the moment that is the AHI (Animal Health Institute) and the AVMA...I have read their position on changing existing laws and to be honest they are based on fear but not on facts. In dollars and cents it would have very little impact on their insurance cost or the cost to their clients. It might go from $188.00 a year to a whopping $450.00.Hmmmm...sounds like the cost to us is really going to escalate. Oh but we'll have to practice defensive medicine.IE inform the paying customers of the risk! Wow now there's a new idea.
I'm tired of the having their cake and eat it crowd taking advantage of our love for our non human family members.
Once I speak with the people facing the infection I'll update.
One vet told m,e the bacteria is resistant to cleaning solutions. Really? a little ammonia and water...how about bothering to clean at all. How many cleaning personal have you ever seen at your vets office? I saw one...one time. She was cleaning the door window as you walk into the hospital....I'm tired of this BS...
Mr Beebs is up and down lately...the wheelchair has been very difficult. When it cools down I'll keep trying and also change the design to accommodate his male anatomy.
Thats all for now...

No comments: