Wednesday, March 14, 2007

2 weeks after another surgery to repair TPLO

Well,
we saw the surgeons in norwalk yesterday. They were very impressed with Mr Beebs recovery so far. The wound looks good and I've stopped the clavamox for the e coli in his leg. But...I still must inject him 3 times a day with the human drug primaxin in order to destroy the enterobacter infection he has eating his leg bone away.The plate is gone..it fell apart in there and 2 screws broke off in his leg.I wrote to slocum who makes the plates...so far no response. Big shock there huh.
I hope the bacteria does not hide in those screws or he will be on the drug the rest of his life.
The drug is $900.00 per 2 week supply.
I would never do another TPLO. In fact after my 2 boxers are gone I might forgo all pets for a while...it has been a draining heart breaking year. There is no turning back...just finding the goodnesss in having his company every day.

No comments: