Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mr Beebs and continueing prostate infection

Ever since the enterobacter clocae infection our lives have been upside down. We removed his testicles hoping the prostate would shrink...it did however an infection keeps rearing its ugly head.I am so worn out by this I can't even put it into words.My other dog Sydney is always smelling his penis as though there is something wrong with it.Beebs is very tired...lethargic, he's also almost 11 years old. I have this terrible suspicion that whatever is in there is not responding to ab's because it's either the wrong ones or its resistant. To get a proper culture a needle would have to be inserted directly into the gland.I think the poor dog has had enough invasive action and I am try9ing my best to give him the best possible life, or quality of life. That means oral meds, deramax, 2 injections a week of adequan, ciproflaxen, car rides, tiny romps in a new location, lots of love.His back leg is really taking a beating and he will not use his wheel chair. I went back up to the place to have it fixed and he is stubborn and refuses to move in it.
I'm getting married this August and want so badly for the boys to be in the wedding party at my home.When i think back to that fateful day 06/06/06 I cringe.However I have been actively pursuing a court case with the surgeon and the dirty hospital that brought this pain upon us.I have done several speeches in college on the subject of which I am told they were very compelling.I intend to fine tune this argument until I can get traction in congress.I don't give up on anything easily especially my beebers.To be honest I spend alot of time trying to diagnose his problems myself using the Merck vet manual and AVMA sources. The GP vet can only know and do so much...and complications are the great teachers of medicine...They see a snapshot and I see a movie.There should be a better way to help the vets, patients and their guardians get to the bottom of the problem.Maybe a software program that adds up symptoms and spits out possibilities, then reduces those to a more finite cause.Well this is the price of love and when I signed on 11 years ago I promised to take good care of him and he held up his end of the deal and so should I.College has me so busy I am not here often enough but will make an effort now that finals are next week.Any prayers for Beebs would be appreciated, I believe our intentions have the power to heal. Lori

No comments: