Sunday, December 30, 2007

Is this just an act?


Hmmmm,

Mr Beebs has taken to looking at his food bowl and retiring to another part of the house.I get worried and say come on boy eat your breakfast. He follows me back to his food bowl and stares at it like a snake is lurking in the bottom of it and is about to strike any minute. In the meantime Sydney has eaten half his food with total abandon. I ask myself..is he in pain? So I get a towel out and make him sit in front of me and then I hand feed him noodles and chicken.All of a sudden his appetite returns and he eats like a dog who has been roaming the streets for several weeks. It occurs to me that I am being trained. Why should he stand up and eat his food when he know's I'll run to his rescue and feed him succulent morsels by hand and then wipe off his big sloppy jowls. Who ever came up with that saying "Work like a dog". It must of been someone who never owned one thats for sure.

No comments: